Seals for strapping
When using polyester (PET) and polypropylene (PP) or steel hand strapping to prepare and stabilise goods for transit or storage, strapping seals and buckles are often essential to ensure a tight seal for adequate strap tension. Low tension can lead to a risk of containers toppling and the items within becoming broken or damaged.
We stock a wide range of seals for strapping and the type you need will very much depend on the application:
- Standard metal: Our semi-open galvanised metal seals slide over strapping with ease, and can be secured using a tensioner and sealer, or a combination tool.
- Premium metal: Our semi-open galvanised metal seals slide over strapping with ease, and can be secured using a tensioner and sealer, or a combination tool. Robust and strong.
- Serrated metal: Our serrated metal strapping seals meanwhile work much like our galvanised seals, but comprise serrated treads to the inside which grip to heavy duty/polyester (PET) strapping, for an even stronger seal.
- Plastic buckles: An easy-to-use alternative to metal seals, they do not require an additional tool to seal straps. These buckles are for use with PP strapping only.
- Steel snap-on: For use with steel strapping. These seals are applied to steel strapping by placing the steel over the strapping ends once the tension has been applied. They are closed with a strapping sealer.
- Steel buckles: Easy to apply, no tools required. Choose from two types: phosphated (suitable for polypropylene strapping) or galvanised (suitable for polypropylene strapping and corded strapping).
Should you be unsure of which product is most suitable for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.