Junior Packaging Design Engineer Swindon
Junior Packaging Design Engineer – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Design
To support the continued expansion of our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Design team, we are looking to recruit a Junior Packaging Design Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join one of the fastest-growing, most innovative packaging companies in the UK and embark on the path towards a successful and rewarding career.
Working within a very experienced group of technically minded people the ideal candidate needs to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously as part of a team. The candidate’s primary role will be to work from design briefs and concepts, developing these through to completion. This will involve regular interaction with the sales, technical sales, purchasing, commercial & logistics teams within Kite.
CAD Drawings are a major aspect of the role, so the candidate needs to be able to convey information to both customers as well as suppliers in a clear, concise, and professional manner. The candidate needs to have a broad skill set and plenty of enthusiasm to learn; training to build upon existing skills will be offered. Many of the division’s projects call for completely bespoke solutions so the candidate must have the ability to develop designs using different materials & production processes. Experience designing using a variety of different materials including corrugate, foam, timber, steel & plastics is essential to this role.
- Proficient user of Solidworks, ideally will have completed the essentials, Drawings, Assembly Modelling & Advanced Part Modelling training modules or has gained experience to these levels.
- Experienced in either design or engineering based disciplines.
- Experience within the packaging or in related industries and a basic understanding of Packaging Dynamics would be advantageous.
- Experience of design for manufacture is a fundamental requirement.
- Portfolio of concept & manufacturing drawings.
- Capable of working to a brief within very tight timescales.
- Demonstrate the ability to design market leading commercial solutions.
- A team player with prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic & ability to multi‐task.
- Must have a clean driving license.
In return we will offer you the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced and skilled people in our industry. You will be joining an organisation that has grown from zero to a major national player and where the energy and enthusiasm of the team is infectious.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a career in Kite and join a fast-growing, employee-owned company where you will have the option to become a shareholder in the business. Kite is a circa £100 million company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philosophy of working hard and achieving results.
Learning from motivated and highly efficient individuals, you will gain the opportunity to work in a high performing and rewarding environment, within an experienced, friendly, and supportive team. In addition, you will get exposure to some of the most innovative products and solutions in the UK market. Full training and the opportunity for personal development enable you to grow your skillset at Kite.
Benefits, a range of benefits are on offer to the successful candidate including:
- An auto enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions
- Opportunity to become a shareholder
- Health cash plan
- 20 days holiday per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays
- Life insurance
- Holiday entitlement: 20 days per annum, in addition to bank holidays
- Salary: £competitive
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 08.00 - 17:00
- Contract: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full-time
Please send your CV with an introductory letter to David Marr, Regional Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.